Welcome to My Mezzaluna…down under. My place in cyberspace where I share my enthusiasm for cooking simple food and keeping my new life in Australia as simple and uncomplicated as possible. As from January 2, 2013 I am officially an immigrant in Perth, Western Australia and am determined to become part of the rich tapestry that is Australia.
My mission is to create awareness about the benefits of cooking simple, healthy food from scratch to care for our own health and the health of those we love. I love all things natural and uncomplicated, food included. Keeping my life simple also helps me stay calm and keeps me grounded in the rush and chaos that is modern living. This is a work in progress!
I hope to share my increasing awareness of the power of food in trying to heal myself and my son of candida and food intolerance. I hope I can inspire others to cook wholesome, nutritious food from scratch and to experience happiness through having less and doing more. Of course I fully realise that this is a tall order, but one I am determined to pursue.
I hope you will enjoy sharing my experiences and maybe make some of them your own. Please feel free to leave messages, they are always welcome and appreciated.
- Edwina Cottino, pleased to meet you.
- I am mother to two boys. One of whom is allergic to a multitude of foods including gluten, diary, eggs, maize, millet, lentils, oranges, peaches and more.
- I am married to The Italian to whom “Al Dente” is a matter of life or death.
- I believe in God.
- I was born and raised in South Africa.
- I have lived in South Africa, Scotland, Milan, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and now Perth, Western Australia.
- I am a qualified teacher and have taught both high school and kindergarten.
- I worked in marketing where I discovered photography whilst working with photographers on marketing campaigns.
- I love vintage.
- I try my best to follow the 3 R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- I believe that it is everyone’s duty to do their bit for the planet. We all need to give back somehow.
- I fantasise about having a small piece of land where I can grow my own food, have a few chickens and maybe a goat or two…
- I dream about having a completely eco-friendly, sustainable home someday.
- I love all things Italian.
- I love carob…and chocolate.
- I love listening to the radio.
- Shades of blue and teal are my favourite colours.
- Vanilla is my favourite smell.
- I could not function without my morning coffee.
- Home made pizza cures all.
- My hands need to be busy. I can sometimes be found knitting or crocheting granny squares.
- I love nature, especially plants and trees.
- I feel free in wide open spaces.
- I love African sun sets and wide horizons.
- Learning to just be.